Thursday, January 22, 2009

Stupid CTV

Looking for somewhere to watch some streamed TV I stumbled upon The CTV. If possible I prefer to stream legally because the video quality tends to be a higher quality, the video tends to load quicker and legal websites are far more reliable. Unfortunately you can only view videos on CTV from a computer terminal in Canada. As annoying as that is, it is not enough to really upset me with CTV. What upsets me is they made me watch the initial commercial before the notice popped up that I cannot watch the video. I understand that these websites are subject to federal laws as well as copyright legislation and therefore are bound to only show video in the area they are expressly allowed to but should the warning not pop up before I have to sit through some shampoo commercial?

4 comments:

crazycatlady said...

agreed.

crazycatlady said...

also there is a way to get around the whole not-in-the-country thing...my friend told me btu i forgot, i'll ask him again and get back to you.

\ said...

You can get an IP masker that routes your computer through another server to make it look like you are in the country. But, I just don't care to watch a commercial unless I have too!

Anonymous said...

haha sucker.