Friday, September 19, 2008

Facebook profiles

You know what annoys me? People who list favourite authors (especially exclusively) under the favourite books section without a preamble like "the works of" or "anything written by".
I mean its annoying that Facebook has "movies", "books", "Music" as sub-headers instead of 20-30 that you can select or omit. Or that it doesn't have more generic ones such as "video input" "audio input" and "reading material". But it doesn't so I question whether or not you have read anything at all if it says "books" and you write "JD Salinger".

6 comments:

crazycatlady said...

i much prefer your blogs about your funny opinions on things that we are all interested in, like facebook, than the blogs about stupid stuff like the economy.

:o)

\ said...

And you are going to LSE and I am teaching kids in Japan!
I just like to write about whatever interests me on that day. I imagine a year from now if you looked at it, the later in each week the more superficial the posts would become. This is because I get The Economist on Sunday and by Saturday it has long been read and I am now looking at news about bradgelina (or some other portmanteau of Brad Pitt and Laura Croft). Mind you, you did call me retarded when I addressed sperm donation.

crazycatlady said...

but like cant you keep your comments on the economy to yourself or talk about them with someone else? because i really much prefer gossip and hilarious stories about you in japan, its way more interesting.

\ said...

I am talking about them with other people. If you notice my friends from university tend to comment on those posts.

j-rem said...

ya crazy catlady. dont fuck with his outlet...

did you notice that they finally did change it to Favourite Quotations?

\ said...

I did. So I had to change my favourite quotations section. I consider that a big win. I personally take 100% of the responsibility for such a monumental victory.