Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Television

I don't want to turn into a blog about TV and so I am going to cram it all into one entry. The reason being is I watch enough that it deserves mention but I loathe it enough to allow it more than one entry.

It is strange to think that the shows we watch now versus a couple of years ago are so dramatically different. What I mean by this is, we of course chose different shows when we are in our 20s than say when we are eight but even year to year they change as new shows are produced and others go off the air or more likely we forget about them. It is also not surprising that at this point we care more about the world and watch more news and sports shows but even in the sitcom world our opinions can change rapidly. Also the internet and common DVD format have led people to consume a single series for a week or more (depending on amount of time dedicated to TV) then move on.

For example not too long ago I was really into Canadian television - Little Mosque on the Prairies, Trailer Park Boys, Corner Gas. I don't even know if these shows are on any more, though I suppose if they were I would try to catch up on them.
I was watching Weeds intently but it is an off season show and has now finished.
Now I have begun watching Dexter Season 3, Terminator Season 2, True Blood Season 1, The Riches Season 1 and am highly anticipating the return of South Park Season 13 in October.

1 comment:

Shows, shows, everywhere, but nothing good to watch. said...

afaik corner gas is WGN America, not sure if everyone gets that station or not...its a Chicago station that is becoming nationwide.

I don't watch a whole lot of tv besides espn and sports...but the shows I do watch are Heroes(NBC), Mad Men(AMC), Sons of Anarchy(FX), Entourage(HBO), and True Blood(HBO).