Sunday, September 28, 2008

Funny English

I have taken hundreds of pictures on my mobile depicting funny attempts are writing in English. I understand that it is the same as the westerners who wear Chinese symbols on their shirts, around their necks and tattooed on their back even though they have no idea what the meaning is but still, sometimes it is just too funny. So here are my two favourite pictures.



This is one of my students wearing a shirt that says "Under Ware". Now as a person whose last name is Ware, I was often called things like "Under Ware" as a child. A silly play on underwear. So not only is the kid wearing a shirt that makes reference to his underwear, but the use of Ware instead adds a little bit of humour just for me.




J-Crew. Isn't it an American company? J-Crew, are you trying to tell me there is a party in your pants and I am invited? No thank you J-Crew.

No comments: